Friday, June 20, 2008

Our trip to Europe



So we went to Europe last month. Special thanks to mom for taking her time to watch our kids and keep them safe. We had such a great time that it is impossible to put it all into words, but I think Stacie and I would agree that our favorite place was Kefalonia. This little known Greek Island is AmAzInG! We rented mopeds and scooted across the island to get away from the cruiser crowd. I guess it is rare for a cruise ship to stop in Argostopoli, so the town and island weren't ruined by that. We toured a cave, but unfortunately didn't have time to visit the "best beaches" in the world. Had a great lunch in the town of Sami, right in the harbor next to the sea. The island is fairly mountainous (is that even a word?) and Stacie and I's moped barely made it up the mountains to cross the island. I was doing a little Fred Flintstone action with my leg to help push 'er along. It was a fairly inexpensive place to visit, Stacie got some Croc sandles for about $12 and I got a nice laminated map of the island for about $4. Apparently you can scuba dive here as well, completing the checklist of requirements for future vacation destinations. I'd love to spend a week and see everything. Sort of a laid back environment. Nice people. Modern, but still old-world.

No comments: